17th Annual Cabin Fever Shop Hop
“BUDS” All Around
March 9-11, 2017
9 am – 6 pm
Grand Prize: Six-Way Deluxe Sewing Chair by Horn
Individual Store Prizes
(Must have passport stamped at all five stores to enter the drawing.)
Double the fun and double the quilts!
The progressive quilt for 2017 combines a dainty and fresh flower concept with the old pastime sports theme. Visit all four shops, purchase two fat quarters at each shop and receive the patterns for the flower quilt AND the sports themed quilt! The same sampler layout can be used for either quilt and can be made as small or as large as you choose.
Get 16 flower patterns AND 16 sports-themed patterns just by buying two fat quarters at each shop!
Use these fat quarters in combination with your own stash. Bundles and kits will be available at each shop for their own sample quilt, if you like that option. The quilts were designed with flexibility in mind so that you can make customize the quilts to your fabric tastes and size choices! You have the fabrics and we have the perfect patterns!
A portion of the passport sales proceeds will be donated to the Children’s Wish Foundation. Children’s Wish Foundation will fulfill the favorite wish for any child having limited life expectancy.
The shops are collecting coloring books, crayons and other new crafting supplies to donate to the foundation. Bring a donation and get an extra ticket for the hourly door prize drawings.
Thursday, February 25 & Friday, February 26, 2016 — 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday, February 27, 2016 — 9 am to 5 pm
On Sale Now
2. You are eligible to purchase exclusive progressive quilt kits. The 2016 pieced quilt is all about the stars. The star blocks are enhanced with fun and easy borders that make this quilt a winner for everyone. We will post a photo of the progressive quilt soon!
3. Participate in sales and hourly door prizes offered at each shop.
4. For every $10 spent at each store, one ticket goes into the store drawing. Each store will be giving away a $50 gift certificate.
5. Have passport stamped at all five stores to enter the drawing for a chance to win Quilters Cash Prizes.
The winner of the Limited Edition Janome Hello Kitty sewing machine is Angeline Mitchell who bought her passport at Jennifer’s Quilt Shop! Congratulations!!
Celebrate our special 15th anniversary year by joining us for another 2015 shop hop!
The Cabin Fever Group will sponsor
Holidays Made Special
Thursday, August 6, 2015 — 9 am to 6 pm
Friday, August 7, 2015 — 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday, August 8, 2015 — 9 am to 5 pm
The project hanger comes with the $5 passport! Shop hop participants will be able to purchase original holiday kits to fit the hanger at each shop. Alternative ideas will be available for all designs. Purchase as many kits as you like while supplies last.
$5 Passport Perks:
1. Receive a FREE wire and wood hanger for your holiday project. You are eligible to purchase holiday kits, win hourly prizes, and purchase all sale items offered at each shop. Donated canned goods will receive an extra hourly door prize ticket at each shop (must be present at time of drawing to win).
2. For every $10 spent at each store, get one entry to that store’s prize drawing. Each store will be giving away a $50 gift certificate at the conclusion of the shop hop.
3. Have passport stamped at all five stores to enter the drawing for a chance to win a Grand Prize Limited Edition Janome Hello Kitty Sewing Machine.
Save the date! We have more information coming very soon, but we do have a new Cabin Fever Shop Hop coming this August 6, 7 and 8. Passports are now on sale for $5 and come with a wire and wood hanger for the holiday wallhanging designs/kits the shops will have available.
Food for Thought
15th Anniversary Cabin Fever Shop Hop
February 12-14, 2015
Thursday, February 12 & Friday, February 13, 2015 — 9 am to 7 pm
Saturday, February 14, 2015 — 9 am to 5 pm
$300 Store Bonus Bucks
2 — Second Prizes: $100 Store Bonus Bucks
3 — Third Prizes: $50 Store Bonus Bucks
Hourly Door Prizes
Individual Store Prizes
On Sale Now
Purchase in 2014 and enter the drawing to win $10 gift certificate to each store for the shop hop.
Support The American Red Cross
Five stores are joining forces to raise awareness and funds for people in need. Donate canned goods at each store for an extra hourly door prize ticket.
Donations were made to St. Vincent’s Children’s Home. Thank you to all who donated to such a great and needed charity.
1st: $300 Bonus Bucks – Carol Baker, Westland
2nd: $100 Bonus Bucks – Bonnie Grossbauer, Lapeer; Phyllis Hazen, Hartland
3rd: $50 Bonus Bucks – Debbie Czarniak, Shelby Twp.; Pauline Potnzuski, Troy; Jane Monterosso, Rochester Hills
4th: $25 Bonus Bucks – Betty Waehlke, Canton; Kelli Martin, Riley; Netti Humphrey, Shelby; Barb Havenhill, Brighton
Hourly door prizes were given to many customers at all the stores Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Individual stores prizes were awarded to six lucky customers:
Pat Peruski won a quilting gift certificate from Monarch Quilts.
Shelli Dunlap won a quilt and apron kit from Sew Crazy.
Liz Hunsanger won a basket assortment from The Stitchery.
Jean Proudfoot won a gift certificate from Guildcrafters.
Terri Dubuc won an Oliso Iron from Linda’s Country Quilts
Thank you to all of the shop hop participants for making the 2014 shop hop such a great event!!
A = Lt Pink Square 2 1/4
B = Md Pink Square 2 1/4
C = Dk Pink Square 2 1/4
D = Md Blue Square 2 1/4
E = Blue Basket 1/2 Square 2 3/8
F = Background Basket 1/2 Square 8 3/8
G = Background Bottom Basket 1/2 Square 4
H = Background Rectangle 2 3/4 x 6
J = Lt Pink 1/2 Square 2 3/8
L = Small Blue Square 2 3/8
O = Dk Pink 1/2 Square 2 3/8
T = Lt Pink/Md Pink Rectangle 1 1/4 x 2
V = Md Pink 1/2 Square 2 3/8
X = Md Blue 1/2 Connecting Square 2 3/8
The background 1/2 squares are cut from a square 7 7/8.
The handle is cut on the bias. Stitch long edges together to form a long tube. Using a steam iron, press to form a half circle. Let cool. Stitch onto block, using previous stitched line on tube. Flip over and press again using steam to help form the handle. Topstitch handle in place.
PASSPORTS ON SALE STARTING MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2013
2014 Cabin Fever Shop Hop
Blooming Baskets of Hope
February 20, 21 and 22, 2014
Thursday & Friday — 9 am to 7 pm
Saturday — 9 am to 5 pm
Six quilt stores are joining forces to raise awareness, funds and items for children in need. Donate items for extra door prizes.
Baskets of Hope Progressive Quilt
by Cabin Fever Group
The progressive quilt this year will be a spectacular traditional quilt basket original design with PRE-CUT & FUSED applique flowers. Hoppers will receive two different basket/flower designs from each store for a total of 12. The batiks will be rich with color and will make a beautiful floral quilt. The diagonal setting gives this quilt many size options. You will love it!
1 Grand Prize: $300 Bonus Bucks can be used at any store.
2 Second Prizes: $100 each Bonus Bucks can be used at any store.
3 Third Prizes: $50 each Bonus Bucks can be used at any store.
4 Fourth Prizes: $25 each Bonus Bucks can be used at any store.
1. Purchase a passport for $10. Proceeds will help homeless children. Hoppers will receive a commemorative basket pin that represents our specially designed progressive quilt.
2. Pasports purchased before 2014 are entered in a drawing to win a $10 gift certificate from each store to be redeemed during the shop hop.
3. Passport holders are eligible to purchase sale items, progressive kits.
4. Progressive kits are only sold one per passport holder.
5. Win hourly door prizes at each store. For every $10 spent at each store, 1 ticket goes into that store’s drawing to win store prize.
6. Have passport stamped at all six stores on February 20, 21, or 22, 2014.
7. Completed passport winners are notified by March 8, 2014.
2100 Grand River Annex, #200, Brighton, MI 48114
Monarch Quilts Map Link
1129 E. Grand River Ave, Promenade Plaza, Howell, MI 48843
The Stitchery Map Link
Grand Prize Sewing Machine: Pat VanPoppelen
2nd Prize – Five $50 Gift Certificates: Kay Lubert
3rd Prize – Five $25 Gift Certificates: Susan Beaton
Guildcrafters, Lap Size Quilt: Lura Siadak
The Stitchery, Wall Quilt: Helen Smerza
Monarch Quilts, $100 Quilting Service: Rebecca Lund
Linda’s Country Quilts, 8 Compartment Organizer: Jacklyn Anderson
Mabelena’s, Apronology Book/$50 Gift Certificate: Arlene DeBuck
Thanks, everyone for participating in the hourly door prizes and the fun! Just a few of the progressive kits are available for sale at $49.99. Proceeds go to the Alzheimer’s research.